Investing in front line services are at the heart of the priorities for the new Conservative led Essex County Council.
In a debate supported by all the 56 new elected and re-elected Conservative County Councillors, many of whom were speaking for the first time in at County Hall, a motion put forward by the Leader, Cllr. David Finch and Deputy Leader, Cllr. Kevin Bentley, outlined the future plans for Essex.
Top priorities include:
- The Economy: The Tories will continue to build on the economic success of Essex by attracting new and medium sized businesses and creating new jobs, helping existing companies to grow and supporting start-ups in one of the UK’s most entrepreneurial counties.
- Social Care: Caring for older and vulnerable people is something that the Conservatives are firmly committed to and will continue to deliver excellent quality care by investing in existing and new technologies.
- Council Tax: The Conservatives firmly believe in running services efficiently and will continue to do so and be able to keep Council Tax low.
- Highways: Our roads are vital for residents and business and the Administration will continue to invest heavily in our network and ensure all are maintained to a high standard.
- Education: Ensuring every child receives a world class education is critical and the Tories will continue to invest in more school places across the county.
Cllr. David Finch, said: “We are honoured and proud that the people of Essex gave the Conservatives a clear mandate to run Essex for the next fours years and we shall repay that trust by delivering first class services in the most efficient and cost effective way possible. While local government finances remain tight we are proud of our fiscal record and we will run Essex for everyone and ensure this great county continues to thrive and prosper.
Promoted by Tom Cunningham on behalf of Essex Conservatives, both of Suite 11,The Centre, Lakes Industrial Park, Braintree, Essex CM7 3RU